Thursday, July 8, 2010

Under the weather.. but not out of commission

Hi everyone,

I've been fighting a sinus cold thing since yesterday which has left me dizzy and weak.  Yesterday I slept till nearly 6 pm!  Today I'm marginally better, and determined to be productive without pushing it :)

On Monday evening I *finally* got around to finishing a couple patterns and adding them to the website and to ravelry for FREE!!!!!.  The patterns I have added are:



the foldover cropped cardigan shrug!


my furry rave gogo legwarmers
(as requested by a couple burners on ravelry)


my perfectly flared legwarmers



and last, but not least

my dropped stitch scarf
(a great stashbuster)

A bunch of people have already downloaded the shrug, and I am really excited to see how the projects turn out :)  I proofread the pattern carefully and I'm crossing my fingers that there weren't any mistakes.  I feel like the calculations might be confusing for some people.  Pattern support is provided free at bethnouveau@gmail.com.

In other news,  I attended Floyd Fandango this weekend in Floyd, VA and had a wonderful time.  Sam Bush is an incredible bluegrass musician and I was one of the only hula hoopers there, so I didn't cringe every time I dropped my hoop :)

I don't think I mentioned this yet, but I purchased an LED hoop from trickconcepts and I ADORE it.


It's so bright!

This month I am working on vertical on the body hooping, the barrell roll, the vortex (which is supposedly easy but I struggle with it), and bringing the hoop up from the knees.  Slowly but surely I will master them all :)


sweaty me, hooping at a festival :)


ah funny hooping faces

I will leave you with a few shots of some new wire-wrapped feather earrings I put in the etsy store.


The Kingfisher - I LOVE THESE


The Bees Knees - These look great wrapped in yellow wire.  Talk about DRAMA


The Sandpiper - Understated, the photos don't do these justice.  LOVE THEM


Peacock Jamboree - Very colorful


Butterfly Wings - more superbright color.  I Love peacock body feathers!


That's all for now.  An update on my current knitting projects will follow soon.

happy creating!
xox

No comments: