Friday, March 30, 2012

My recent trip to the rainy northwest... and new hatchlings in my shop!

Hello everyone,

I just returned home from a work trip to Seattle and returned home with my allergies in full blown irritation due to all the trees blooming here.  I have been to Seattle before, back in 2007, and the weather on that trip was gorgeous.  On this trip I got a real dose of Seattle weather, with dreary fog and pouring rain every day.

Despite the weather, I did get some great shots with my new iPhone that I wanted to share with you all.

Intense Mountains... I am thinking perhaps the Tetons based on our flight path..


Pike's Place Market in the rain




Our hotel was quite posh!


I pretty much despise lengthy traveling itineraries, because they always upset my exercise schedule, but they do afford me a lot of free time to knit, which I hardly have the time to do anymore.  I spent about 10 hours on this trip knitting on this scarf, which I began knitting a few years ago.



Actually, the story with this scarf is that I knit this exact item previously for myself, and it took so long to knit that I swore I'd never knit another one again.  I came home with the finished scarf and my mom threw an absolute fit for it.  She loved it so much that I ended up giving it to her for Christmas and never got to wear it.  I started knitting a replacement, but got so busy, it was shuttled to the unfinished object bin.  


Anyway, I only have 35 more rows until it is done!! I hope to wrap it up this weekend.  It is knit up in several shades of Rowan Kidsilk Haze.  It is incredibly soft.


This afternoon I added two new items to the shop.

This first piece is entitled Sun Dancer and remind me of a bright summer day, with cheery hues of yellow and teal blue.

These earrings include multiple layers of trimmed peacock eye feathers layered with yellow and blue rooster hackle and peacock body and sword feathers. The feathers are securely attached to a backing. These are roughly 7-9 inches in length and 3-3.5 inches at the widest point including the sterling silver ear hooks.


You can find Sun Dancer here in my etsy shop! I had the inspiration for this pair a few years back but just now added them to my shop.

This lightweight feather hair clip is entitled Absinthe Dreams and was originally designed as a custom piece for a customer wedding.  It features multiple types of peacock and purple rooster feathers and is suited for multiple hair types. The clip is totally hidden and easy to put on. The piece is meant to be worn on the side of the head, with the peacock swords angled either up or down. It is very lightweight.


You can find Absinthe Dreams here in my shop!


Have a wonderful weekend everyone!


No comments: