Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hooray for Spring!

Spring has sprung, and here in South Carolina that means the heat is on.  Temperatures here have been in the mid-to upper 80's now for a few weeks and I'm already dreading the sweltering misery that summer will bring.

I have been furiously knitting away at a crossover cardigan featured in Noro Knits a few years ago.

It is a cross between Myrtle....


And Butterfly...



It is basically the butterfly sweater bottom lengthened to myrtle length with the myrtle hood and sleeves.  So far it looks great!  I have completely finished the body and hood and I'm working on the sleeves. 


Here's a shot of me blocking the body



In other news, I have been creating some hoops for my shop, dystruction designs... There are some really pretty hoops on there, but my favorite one is this rainbow glitter and gaffer tape hoop:



I really didn't want to sell hoops, but considering the sheer cost of buying tape to make myself some, I have decided to casually list some on etsy to pay for the supplies.  Hoop tape isn't cheap, as I am discovering!

My hooping has come a long way since the fall.  Lately I have been working on reversals, knee and one legged hooping, and incorporating more dance into my hooping style.  Here's a shot of me one legged hooping.


I have also been playing with FIRE too :) :)  Which is extremely exhilirating!


As far as bethnouveau goes, I finally got around to making some new designs last month and have been slowly listing them on etsy.

The super long grizzly rooster feather fad is starting to tone down a bit, which is nice, because those feathers are impossible to find, especially in purple and blue.  I do have a few colors left, but those are flying out the door!

Some of my new designs: 



Vamped Out - Super Long Bright Red Grizzly Rooster Feather Wire Wrapped Earrings



Limon - Super Long Green and Yellow Grizzly Rooster Feather Wire Wrapped Earrings


Serengeti - Blonde, White and Tan Copper Wire Wrapped Earrings



Blanca - White Peacock Feather Fringed Earrings.

All of these can be found in the shop!

Thanks for reading, enjoy your week everyone! xox



No comments: