Friday, June 11, 2010

What is in a name? My pinup shoot.. and more ;)







Hi everyone!

This is a very long post!

I have been in the process of redoing all my etsy listings.  I have been making three major changes.  First, I have been giving all of the earrings names.  This has been creative but stressful since there are 68 pairs up right now.  I've been trying to name a couple a day in hopes that after a month everyone will be named.  I have also been updating my tags with more information so that my titles can be less cluttered.  So instead of
"southwestern native american style parrot and peacock feather wire wrapped sterling silver pierced earrings" a new listing reads "The Rainbow connection - Colorful Wire Wrapped Feather Earrings".   I think its much cleaner and simpler and will definitely result in less confusion on my end when people ask questions about my work.  If anyone out there has any naming suggestions for the remaining pieces, by all means send me a message :)  The last change I am making is I am making most of my items customizable.  I previously allowed customers to switch out the color of wire or ear hooks but now each listing has a note about the customization possibilities available for that piece.

I have been trading up a storm.  I am SUPER excited to say that Chelsealynnxoxo of etsy (and flicker + twitter + youtube) has done some modeling for me.  She also made a gothic makeup inspired tutorial on youtube you should check out.  I sometimes like to (poorly) do goth makeup at shows and asked her to make me a tutorial of a look I saw on a magazine cover.  Here's a link to her tutorial.

Here are the modeling shots of her wearing 'The Rainbow Connection' Earrings.







Thank you, Chelsea!

If there are any other ladies out there with modeling and photography skills, by all means send me photos of you in your earrings.  Your photos will be put in my listing with a credit to you!

I am SUPER excited to announce that I recently did a photoshoot myself with the extremely talented Kellyn Willey of Pinupgirl! Cosmetics in Atlanta and my earrings are now featured in her store!  Ages ago, when Pinup! was located in Little Five Points, my girlfriend and I went shopping there and I admired the photographs on the wall.  I was still living in Virginia at the time, and didn't get an opportunity to do a shoot.   Once I moved closer to Atlanta, I still admired Pinup! from afar by perusing their website and myspace pages but once again, a trip to Atlanta never materialized.  Kellyn contacted me about featuring my earrings in her store and the trade was on!  I don't have my shots back yet, but I posted some photos my friend Julia took of the shoot with her iphone.

   
The earrings in this shot are now sold in the store and are aptly named "the pinup pair".


They did an INCREDIBLE job with my makeup.




Once I get my shots, I'll absolutely post them up here.  If you're near Atlanta, check her out!  Even if its just for hair and makeup.  The experience was absolutely incredible.


I recently vended my earrings at a small festival and did fairly well with it, so I plan on carrying on the tradition at future festivals.  I plan on attending Floyd Fandango in Floyd, VA over July 4 weekend.  If you're there, look for me! I'll be walking around with my jewelry case.  I posted some crappy photos taken with my iphone.  Sadly (or not sadly?!), my case is now nearly empty from the Pinupgirl! shoot and the festival.  I'll definitely have to restock before Floyd Fandango.




Floyd Fandango is a beer and wine festival held right off the Blue Ridge Parkway, featuring over 15 wineries from the VA and NC regions and 10 microbrews along with amazing entertainment.  This year, the artists I am dying to see are Sam Bush (one of my favorite bluegrass artists) and the DJ Williams Projekt from Richmond, VA (blues/R&B).  If you're near Virginia, I hope to see you there!


In the month of May I knocked out some more hiking on the Appalachian Trail.  Mostly in Nantahala National Forest in North Carolina but also some in Tennessee in Cherokee National Forest.



Creepy Fire Tower on Albert Mountain


Total White out at the top!  And the entire thing was shaking from the wind.  Very spooky!


Do you even recognize me? Haha


Have a WONDERFUL weekend everyone!

xox

No comments: