Tuesday, June 10, 2008

ahh i'm back

Okay, I'm back......... I haven't blogged in ages, for to a few reasons. First, I applied (and was accepted) to graduate school. I'll be moving to Clemson, SC in a couple months. This will be the biggest move I've ever made. Its 5 1/2 hours away from where I live now. That may not be much to some people, but I've been used to my Blacksburg bubble for the past decade. ... but its time to move on and I'm excited about a change.



I've also been crafting up a storm and haven't felt like breaking the creative reverie long enough to post to you all. My etsy site has grown, and I have created a lot of lovely stuff for sale, friends, and myself. I've also been writing some songs, and working on some ideas for paintings. It seems that my creative consciousness has finally awoken. I posted some photos below of the items I've made.





The final reason I have not been posting is I had (still have to a degree) a bit of pain in my wrists... either tendonitis or carpal tunnel.. i'm not sure which, I haven't gone to a doctor. It was very painful back in December. So I'm trying to chill out on the typing/clicking, etc. I have to do a large amount of typing for my job (and will have to do even more for school), so I've tried to downplay this in my personal life as much as possible. I've given myself a few months to heal, and haven't had any numbness or pain for awhile, so I will start posting again. Hooray! It's nice to be back :)



I bought the large gocco with my economic stimulus check (Thank you, President Bush). Did I just say that? I am so excited about the possibility of creating shirts and lithographs and whatever else I want to. Expect some screenprinted items to show up in my etsy shop soon.



Ok now for photos of what I've made



I posted a few of the items I sell below:
Peacock fringe earrings
Teal multicolor flighty ear cuff
Pheasant earrings
Large parrot feather earrings
Fitted purple legwarmers




the flighty ear cuff has been a good seller, as have the peacock fringe earrings. I guess people are more into buying jewelry than knit items. That's fine, I'll keep the knits for myself ;)

Here are some items I created that are not for sale:

Close up of lace
Lovely lace wrap skirt (my first wrap project)
This was my first lace project. It took me about 6 tries to get it right!

Punk mohawk hat (prefelted)


Prefelted hat

Completed mohawk hat :)

I made this hat with the "Pretty in Punk" book, and ended up giving it away to my friend Jenny who blows glass. She made me a lovely bead set that I will put up soon for you to see. She is going to teach me to make lampwork beads, something I have wanted to learn for awhile!



My first crocheted project!


This was my first crochet project. As you can see it turned out great!





I finished all of the items I was working on back in December. I am now working on a couple items..



I am making a crocheted blanket (the color bar blanket in Stoller's Stitch and Bitch crochet book). I have finished 1/3 of the squares for it. I'll post a photo tomorrow. I'm also working on the blue bikini from Ashley Paige's Sexy little knits book. I had to/am continuing to revise the pattern, which is wayyyyy off. I don't recommend a beginner trying it. I've been on both of these projects since April and I am very antsy to finish. I'm going on a long road trip this weekend to Bonnaroo music festival, so a lot of knitting will probably get done.



Happy Tuesday!



Bethie

No comments: