Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Mishka Mittens is bat shmitten

Ahh.... I meant to post this awhile back and forgot... While decorating for halloween I hung some bats from our ceiling fan.. and Mishka was obsessed with trying to bring them down.. I took several shots.. these were my favorite


I love the ones of him in mid-jump!



















I also took a shot of him in a rare moment snuggling with Jeepers, the newest feline addition to our home.. She is so adorable. It's hard to picture someone dumping her at my parents home, isn't it?















Although they look cuddled up here, Mishka took out a 1/2 inch chunk out of Jeepers ear tonight while 'playing'.


Well as far as my knitting projects go, I am 13.5/16 (As in, I have completed 13 1/2 of the total 16 squares) completed with my Virginia Tech afghan. I am blocking some of the pieces and I plan to have it completed and assembed by Saturday for our game against Florida State. I also found a lovely scalloped border to make separately and attach to the blanket next week. That will certainly take awhile!

I also took several photos of my Halloween costume and the assembling of that. Here's a photo of Me, Molly, and Alex, at my home for the halloween party. I will post pics from the party later.











Parts of the costume that were homemade:


  • My bat ears (knitted free hand and felted and attached to a headband)






The pics are as follows 1. Pre felted inside of ear 2. Pre felted outside of ear 3. After felting!




  • My corset (which ended up being a total last minute project due to me buying the pattern for plus sizes and having to return it for the regular sized pattern) - Made with simplicity pattern





  • my bat wings (totally freehanded by me, stuffed, and sewn)



  • my leg warmers - totally freehanded. Everyone loved them so I will need to post a pattern up here soon.. I plan to make another pair like this in black and hot pink.

That's all for now! I will post more later

No comments: